The trick to successful mason jar salads is layering. Start with the hardiest ingredients, and include the most delicate ingredients on the top. You can make 3-4 jars at one time, and store in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Salad dressing of your choice.
- Hardy veggies such as carrots, radishes, and bell peppers.
- 3-6 oz of a protein of your choice.
- Leafy greens such as romaine, baby spinach, baby kale, arugula etc.
- Herbs such as green onions or chives.
- Crunchy toppings such as chopped nuts or pumpkin seeds.
Get creative, choices are endless once you get the layering basics down! Have fun!0