Beef Liver Pâté
- 1 lb grass-fed pasture raised beef liver
- 1 Tbsp Otto's Cassava Flour
- 4 Tbsp (½ stick) butter (Kerrygold grass-fed)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp of fresh rosemary
- black pepper & sea salt to taste
- 4 oz beef bone broth (I prefer Kettle & Fire)
- Pat liver dry with paper towels
- . Sprinkle with salt, thyme, rosemary, black pepper, and Otto's cassava flour.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 of the butter.
- Cook liver until lightly browned on both sides.
- Transfer liver to a food processor such as a Vitamix.
- Meanwhile, add onions, garlic, and remaining butter to the skillet, cook until translucent.
- Deglaze pan with bone broth.
- Transfer contents of the pan to the food processor.
- Process until you have a smooth pâté.
- Taste test and adjust for salt/pepper.
- Transfer to small mason jars.
Little 4 oz mason jars are perfect for this purpose. I like to leave a little room for expansion and then freeze the jars.
Recipe by Anna Kidder at https://annakidder.com/liver-nutrient-dense-superfood/