This low carb keto friendly Brandied “adult cranberry sauce” uses granulated erythritol instead of the traditional white sugar. You can make this up to a week ahead or freeze and then thaw the day before. Just four ingredients, super easy recipe – link in bio.
If you prefer orange flavor in your cranberry sauce swap the Brandy with Grand Marnier or Cointreau and add 2 tablespoons of grated orange zest.
We are all bio-individual some people react to sugar alcohols like erythritol. I do fine with them, but I only use them in moderation. If erythritol is not your jam substitute with your favorite sweetener to taste.
Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of granulated erythritol (Swerve or similar)
- ¼ cup of Brandy
- ⅓ cup water
- Sort cranberries discarding any soft or decaying berries.
- Wash and drain the cranberries.
- In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, Swerve, Brandy, and water.
- Bring mixture to boil on medium-high heat stirring frequently. Lower the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer stirring frequently until cranberries begin to pop and the mixture begins to thicken, approximately 10 minutes. Remember cranberries have pectin and mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Let the mixture cool and store in an airtight container.
Can be made a week ahead of time.